Inspired by Of A Kind and Textbook’s fictional character costuming and gifting guides, I thought it would be fun to do an art collection version. Am I a copy cat? Yes. Is it still fun? Yes. Will you enjoy it? hopefully. Let’s start off with our first (and my personal favorite) fictional charachter: LESTAT, the vampire with the face like an angel and a mouth like a gangster. He loves all things sumptuous, beautiful, and expensive, with a little Here is what I think he would fancy if he were collecting today:
- Fancesco Viezzoli CRYING PORTRAIT OF KIM ALEXIS AS A RENAISSANCE MADONNA WITH HOLY CHILD (AFTER GIOVANNI BELLINI), 2010 This would be before all the dramz that happens in Memnoch, but he wouldn’t be able to resist the embroidary, custom jewelry and pop culture references in this piece.
- George Rodrigue I’m All Shook Up 2010 The New Orleans staple is a given, and this might be a little reminder of when he himself was on fire…Tsk tsk Louis.
- Marilyn Minter Chewy 2006 Lestat would totally be drawn to her hyperrealistic paintings that tread the line between the sensual and the straight up dirty.
- I think he would love the idea of Louise Bourgeois’s imagination and longevity, and would try to have a sculpture of hers’ in his garden. A spider perhaps?
- Last but not least, one of Marc Quinn’s Self Portraits…duh.
February 09, 2011, 2:21pm